how many of you REALLY remember before kindergarden?

I've seen so many moms up here talk about what they knew before they were even in kindergarden. really? you can remember that far back? BEFORE kindergarden? I mean, truamatizing events, yes. i can understand that. bits and pieces...sure. but like, what you learned, how you managed something...i don't believe that. most of what i know about me before kindergarden is stuff my parents told me, or is on a video or pictures.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i remember stuff from before then.. one christmas when i was 2 and 1/2 i got a small ride on horse and my big brother got the springy one and i remember wanting his and i also remember being 3 and my brother and his friend throwing my little horse in the woods and i cried so yeah it is possible to remember that far back
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I remember very very very little before late Highschool... I have some memories, but none that early. In fact I can only think of one memory of Kindergarten even.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• lol I never get that either, I can remember small bits from my childhood but nothing in great detail or that young.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 8:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My earliest memory occurred before I was two years old. It was NOT a tramautic event. I remember a lot of things prior to being in kindergarten.
    My mom jokes that I remember being born. Most of the things I remember are not events that my mom would have repeated to me and we didn't own a home movie camera. I will bring something up to my mother and she is like "Now how in the hell do you remember THAT!"
    Believe what you want, but I do remember.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• my dh says he can remember being taken off baby food, banana, specifically.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think I would have to agree with you on that. I do remember bits and pieces of my life before Kindergarten but not a whole lot.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes, I can remember some stuff before kindergarten. My mom died 3 months after I turned 4 and I can remember doing stuff with her and I can remember her in general..
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 8:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i remember honestly a LOT of early tot hood before kindergarten!!! a storm was coming and my mom was running around the backyard tryting to gather up our toys, my 2nd or 3rd birthday cake being on the tasble and me held over it, a clambake my parents had, one time i had to go tothe bathroom after playign outside so bad, one time my mom stepped on my toy schoolbus and hurt her heel, lol, on enight i thought i heard soldiers in the hall, but it was my own heartbeat in my ears!!! playing with the neighbor kids, walkign with my grandfather who i never met afte rthat since he died, but to this day i remember our walk and what we talked about, totally!!!! made a big impression on me.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We moved around a lot before I was in kindergarten, then I did K through 12 all in the same town. So I have memories that stand out because they're in different locations. I have a few memories from the first house I lived in and I only lived there until I was two. I have memories of living in Virginia and I only lived there for one year when I was around 3 years old. I don't see how it's so strange that some people remember their childhood and some don't. I think it's weird when people assume that everyone else's mind operates in the same way as their own.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I remember when I was only about a year and a half old and my little cousin died while my aunt was giving birth (I didn't know what was going on at the time)...but my first memory was leaving a building and a woman was crying in a light blue shirt and one of my parents was holding me and I seen the woman over their shoulder. My mom couldnt believe I remembered it when I said something when I was older and she said it was my baby cousins funeral and we were leaving the funeral home, and the lady in the blue shirt was my aunt bc she was so swollen from having toxemia and that's all she could fit in. I don't have a TON of memories before kindergarten, but I remember alot of stuff.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 8:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010