Morning Sickness...Did You or Do You Have it? And how did you manage it?

Hmmm...i would like to hear morning sickness stories! lol..

Did or Do you have it? If you did, how did you manage it? What eased it? How bad was it?

Me...I got lucky!! Only had a slight amount of nausea but mine was late at night. like 1130 late. lol...but all I had to do was lay down and go to sleep, or eat something. And I promise it only lasted for like 2 weeks and it went away! But I couldn't eat SONIC BURGERS AT NO TIME DURING MY PREGNANCY!! They made me gag, which made my husband gag...so he wouldn't eat them either, until I delivered! lol

YanniSmoMMy

Asked by YanniSmoMMy at 11:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well with my first pregnancy i had horrible morning sickness, brought on by eating. I was fine until i ate, and everytime i ate, i got extremely sick. The doctors just told me, oh it will go away in no time, but it lasted for 7 months. So i ended up just eating stuff that wasn't gonna be as gross to throw up. And this pregnancy, 4 months along, i still have a little bit of morning sickness but it's brought on by bad smells. And if i can get myself away from the bad smell quick enough, then i don't normally puke. But I can't even tolerate dishes that have been in the sick for a couple days.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• And my doctor, who i had for the last half of my first pregnancy said well you had bad issues with the first, so lets get you on some medicine. And i had been taking the preggy pops which is basically just vitamin B6 or B12, don't remember which, but he said, if that's not helping lets get you on a prescription. So now i'm on phenegran to control nausea and it works great, but makes me super tired. But if i take only a quarter or half pill, depending on how sick i feel, i don't get as tired and the nausea is taken care of. I get a little queasy with the quarter pill of it, but i don't actually throw up.
    FinleyFirst

• Alright - lets get REAL. I've had vomiting and nausea since nearly 9 weeks. I am now 17 weeks 0 days and I still struggle with throwing up. I have medicaid so I don't get many doctor visits. For a while my doctor kept saying it'd go away but it clearly wasn't. I got some meds to take when I feel the urge but lately it doesn't do anything. I feel the urge - I pop a Phenergan - and about an hour later I find myself throwing up.

A few weeks ago my SO and I were about to do the "baby dance", got all ready and I threw up on him out of no where. No warning sign from my stomach, no urge, just vomit all over.

It's sick. But I find it funny, too. =]
    chachimami

Answer by chachimami at 12:19 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I definately had it. The greatest thing that helped me was just keeping myself full all the time. Not letting that stomach acid build up with nothing to break down.That was hard to do, because my appetite wasn't great, but that worked the best this time around. Also, even though it's not healthy at all, cheeseburgers and chai tea were a life saver. Any kind of food that I wasn't suppsed to be eating cured my sickness.
    And it was ALL DAY for me. Especially at night for some reason.
    Meg28

Answer by Meg28 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i had horrible morning sickness with both of my pregnancys with the first it ended about 4 mo along but my second was a whole diff story. i was sick with her from day of conseption to the day i delivered. i mean sick 24 hours a day. i spent weeks in the hospitail back and forth from home back into the hospitai. nothing really helped i. i lost 17 pounds before i put any back on cause i threw up so much the only thing that worked was a drug that was usually only used in cancer pationts but it worked prettygood. but it was 40 a pill so i coudnt affort it cuase it only lasted about 6 hours. so i bought a couple and just saved them for really important days
    tatersprincess

Answer by tatersprincess at 12:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I was really bad sick in the mornings and evenings before bedtime. It sucked so bad. I had to eat something before I even stood up in the morning in bed. So I kept crackers, cookies, or bread on the nightstand. Then I'd have hubby go get me a glass of milk too. Milk actually helped my stomach throughout the day. I would go through a gallon by myself every day in my first trimester. Eating cereal for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, and bedtime snack. Poor hubby would also get sick after I was done and he would try to clean up if I missed a target. lol...The morning sickness eased by my 2nd trimester and almost gone by the 3rd.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 12:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I had it pretty bad but luckily it only lasted for about the first 12-13 weeks! I didn't go out of my way to manage it though. It came whenever it felt like it regardless of what I did. I did notice that there were certain foods/drinks that made it worse but just the thought of those things made me sick so it wasn't like I had to unwillingly give them up lol. It's funny now that I think about it because grape juice was one of the things that made it real bad and the other day I gave my son grape tylenol for the first time and he hated it! LOL I know that morning sickness isn't actually the baby rejecting it but it's still kinda ironic!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• With my first pregnancy I was sick for 6 months straight and couldn't take anything because all of the nausea drugs made me tired, and I worked all day. I'm pregnant now, and have been sick for 7 months and my doctor prescribed me Zofran, 8MG 3x a day, and I haven't been happier. The downside of it, is that it's very expensive....don't even think about it if you are uninsured!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• 5 mos. and have had none.
    Anonymous