Can someone tell me the difference between the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite?

heavenschild99

Asked by heavenschild99 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Shopping

• size. that's it.

also, you will be very hard pressed to find the accessories for the DS, like extra styluses. they are just about all for the DS Lite now.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• The DS is the original big chunky first version of the handheld gaming device. I have the big fat blue one...bleh I hate it. I think they only really sell the DS Lite now, it's just a thinner, lighter, nicer, cleaner version of the original chunky DS =] It's the exact same system, just with two different styles.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• The size is the main different. The charger is also different. The stylis is in a different place, as are the power and sound buttons. It also has better clarity when playing. I have a pink one!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 12:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• To add to what the other ladies said the Lite has a much brighter screen (we did a side by side comparison and were surprised that the Lite's screen really was much brighter not just a tiny difference). But the speakers are not nearly as good IMHO.

If your thinking of getting the original you might be better of getting a used or refurbished one because lots of people traded up to the Lite
    RiverDaughter

Answer by RiverDaughter at 7:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My son has the Ds lite and it is lighter and nicer he got it for his B.day and he loves it.I didint really look at the Ds I pretty much chose the Lite because of the ratings.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 2:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2008