What do you look for in a daycare?

If you could create a wish list for both the daycare and it's workers what would it be?

MsHouseWife

Asked by MsHouseWife at 8:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• the daycare:
    organization
    cleanliness
    safety
    educational activities

the employees:
    compassion
    caring
    friendliness
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 8:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Workers would be mothers, educated mothers
    Place would be clean, well maintained, they would have high adult per child ratio, healthy meals, uniforms of some type, doors that lock form the inside with a plan on who can come in and who can't
    I work at a preschool/ childcare center. I would not let my kids come to the center I work at.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think if I were sending my child to a daycare I would want the people there to be responsible, handle things with a certain amount of cleanliness and keeping my kids safe. All those factors are important to me as a parent.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• peek in the baby room and see tummy time, no babies left in swings all day

entire place smelling nice and clean and no diaper stink .... and gloves being worn for diaper changes.

I also like a place where they keep the kids clean and no runny noses, etc, and that if a child has a nose dripping bright green slime they send them home
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I look for

what activites he's invlolved in and make sure its a good mix of educational and play (hes a toddler) for a baby the interaction they get with a person
    Cleanliness of the place and staff
    Security
    How many other children are their and how well my child interacts
    How well the staff interacts with me when I have questions

I haven't ever had a problem with the two daycares my son ahs been in..they all have been unbelieveable and if i needed anything they were right there in line with me.

I would NEVER let my child go to a public daycare that didn't have a lock on the outside door that had a passcode to get in..to much crap happens ya kno..lol
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010