Do you remember when......?

I just posted a list on my blog that I think most moms over 35 yrs old would relate to...and remember.
http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com/

jespeach

Asked by jespeach at 11:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• AHHHHH! Yes...memories! wasn't it great? I've tried so hard to keep as much of those days alive for my kids, but it's it's weird how difficult it is to do, things are just so different these days. Thanx for taking me back if only for a moment!!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Ahhh... the good ol' days!! I still try to instill some of these valuable "lessons" in my kids. Unfortunately, its hard. They call records, "big black CDs" and when they knocked their portable stereo off the table they thought they broke it. Yeah.... they tape deck popped open and they had no idea what it was!! And my 10 yr old asked me if I was alive when Abraham Lincoln was president. (One of those - you didn't think before you asked ?s... lol) Its still nice to remember the 70s and 80s, when life was a little simpler!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Yup, remember it all.... thanks for the uplifting post!!
    PS I love living in SD!
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 10:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I love San Diego too. I'm native to Minnesota, but I've been here since 1988 for the most part (we did live for a little more than a year in Alaska, and were in Minnesota when my daughter was born).

I have been trying to explain to my daughter all the ways things were different when her dad & I were children...what I think is funny is all the things that I miss the most are the things she thinks are terrifying to live or without! lol
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I sing schoolhouse rock songs to my son and to my stepbabies. :)

Do you remember heating up that can of Cream of Tomato (with no HFC) on your stove, not in your microwave?

(Ok, I still do this cuz I hate the microwave)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2008