I am not sure when I ovulate, but when is the best time you can get pregnant or try to get pregnant

The reason I ask is cause DH and I started trying on September 6 and 7th then I started my period on the 8th. I am not supose to start until the 3rd next month, but I think I am pregnant. I took a test either yesterday morning or the morning before I don't remember, but it says I am not, but I am not due to start until another week. But these are my symptoms
frequent urination
eating all the time (I am always starving)
belly hurts or cramping or even sometimes feel like flutters
neasuea once in a great while or dizzy
motion sickness (in the car)
yesterday I made beef stroganoff (boxed) I love that stuff couldn't bring myself to eat it because of the smell. Today went out to eat at the golden caral I love their roast, but it tasted funny, I ate their chicken and then that tasted funny
with my first DD only symptom I had was motion sickness and only one time. My second DD nothing at all

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• They say before your period
    dragonchick19

Answer by dragonchick19 at 1:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Oh brother @ heather B...Everyone is different, but most women ovulate 2 weeks after the start of their period - so if yuo start on a Monday, 2 mondays later you're likely ovulating. I kind of doubt you are now, since you started after only 2 days. You're most likely psyching yourself out. So, you'll probably get your period around the 3rd, and then be fertile around the 17th. have sex every other day and you'll hit it either way at some point. Baby dust to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You could be pregnant... I didn't get a sign of pregnancy with my son until after I took a test. I got all my symptoms at about 6-8 weeks... and I found out I was pregnant at almost 5 weeks. I'm trying now and I never get that I'm pregnant feeling like I did with my son. I would wait another week or two and see if your period comes and if it doesn't then take a test. Best of luck to you!
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 8:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I did the ovulation kits, they are great. I got prego right away. Good Luck!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The five days before you have your period you are the most fertile.
    Heather B.

Answer by Heather B. at 8:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• try mucus ferning.
    dinaca81

Answer by dinaca81 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Wow Heather B do you really not know your facts. While every women is different the average cycle is 28 days and your cycle starts on the first day you see blood. For those with a normal 28 day cycle you ovulate around day 14 (and you can get pregnant about 5-6 days before up to about 3-4 days after with the most fertile being the day you ovulate). You then have what is called the luteal phase for about 14 days (thus the 28 day cycle) and start bleeding again if you are not pregnant. You really need to learn a little bit about your body and maybe start charting your cycle and temps and stuff if you are really wanting to get pregnant. It is highly unlikely you are pregnant this time around if the only time you tried were the 6 and 7, but if you have tried since then your most likely fertile date was about the 26th. I would wait another week or so and if you don't start then test. Good luck.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Sorry Heather, aeneva is right. You are way off on the ovulation time...
    I recommend getting an ovulation kit and start testing about 10 dpo. Most likely you'll not get a positive until day 14 or so but some womens cycles are very different. You want to have intercourse when you get the positive within a day. Also, try putting a pillow under your hip and waiting 20 minutes after you do the deed. Sounds silly but when I had my IUI, that's what the doc did and I got preggy first shot :D
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 12:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The only symptom i had before I found out I was pregnant with my last one was heartburn. The sore breasts, eating, ackward smells, and morning sickness didnt come till later. Not too sure about the ovulating thing but i was always told if i wanted to try then to count 14 days startin with the first day of our period and try on that day. not sure if it works or not. me and my husband never looked up stuff or counted days to try. just had sex whenever and it eventually happened over time. it'll happen just give it time. its best to not even think about it. thats when i always got pregnant.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• aeneva

No I am saying that, that is when we started trying we been having unprotected sex every other or every 2 days since I got off my period, but we started trying the 6 and 7th.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:01 AM on Sep. 25, 2010