help I need some help to disipline my girls they just don't listen anymore

I believe in spankings, but they don't work especially on my 2.5 year old. My 2.5 year old you tell he not to do something she will look at you and do it anyway. She you would think at times she was deaf cause she wont listen then I have my 5 year old that thinks she doesn't have to listen at all since she started school. Like today she is grounded from the tv because I was on the phone with her daddy and she asked 3 times if she can watch tv I said to hold on a second she asked again took my hand and tried shoving the remote in my hand so I put her on the couch and grounded her from tv. They are really bad when we go out in public or even familys house that sometimes it is embarrassing to even go to familys house

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yeah...my kids could care less about consequences. They respond better to chocolate.. Be good and I'll give you some chocolate. LOL. We DO discipline them, but man they drive me nuts sometimes. I know what you're talking about!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• have you tried a behavior/reward chart?? its the only thing that worked on my oldest when he was 5
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• one thing that worked with my kids when they were little was constantly catching them being good... and small time frames for punishment. Ex... u can not watch tv till u apologize to me then not do~ whatever u dont want them to do ~ for 1 hr. ..... not whole day for instince. too hard to work fof long periods of time to be good!. sorry but some of this is just phases they go through. hang n there and be consistent! good luck!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010