how would you have handled this...

i was at a playdate today at my friend's house, our kids are both 3. anyway they were playing in her daughter's bedroom together while we were in the living room talking, and she comes out saying my kid pushed her. so my friend says "well sorry. go push her back." and her kid pushed my kid back, so then of course everyone's now crying and having a fit. when i asked my daughter what happened she said they were singing a song and "swaying" and bumped into eachother. and i believe her because its not the first time my daughter's played with her and her daughter took it as on purpose. after today i seriously don't want to let them play anymore. i felt soo bad for my baby! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yeah I wouldn't be doing anymore play dates with them. That mom is going to have one rough little girl heading off ot Ju-V in 10 years. I probably would have went back in the room, interceded in her daughter pusing her back and said to your daughter, "sweetie, we don't push our friends. Now lets say sorry and hug"
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Push her back??? Really?? That was the mom's response? What the hell is the matter with people?? Even if if was on purpose, THAT is not what you teach your child. That mother is raising a toxic child. This is why there is so much violence in the world. It's teaching children beliefs like that that cause the never ending cycle of violence.

I'd never take my child back there and I'd tell the mother exactly why.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't throw the friendship out without talking to her first. How would you have handled it? Perhaps, you could approach her and let her know that you did NOT feel comfortable with how she responded to the situation and then talk to her about alternative ways to handle it (karamille has an EXCELLENT way to handle it). Perhaps she doesn't know HOW to handle it and that is what she has heard others do?! Maybe you can influence her and change something that she will have seriously regretted years from now!

IF you talk to her and she acts like she don't care what you think, THEN I wouldn't have any more play dates. If you visit her in the future and have your daughter with you, make sure your daughter stays with you or at least in the same room as you.
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 10:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Push her back??? That wasn't very mature. I would definitely want to keep an eye on those two together.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Not very mature of the mother at all. As another poster said, I wouldn't toss the friendship out the window yet...try talking to her. In the meantime, if there's a play date, keep an eye on both of the kids.

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:39 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I wouldnt let my kids play with her unless I could see them at all times.
    renijazzysmom

Answer by renijazzysmom at 7:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2010