Do you buy your daughter (any age, birth to highschool) revealing clothes?

those CRAZY short shorts, bikinis, short dresses, tube & halter tops, and so on ...

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 8:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• No. We believe in being modest. Which means, no tank tps(thin straps), no short shorts/skirts/or dresses, and no bikinis.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 8:51 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My oldest is only seven but I have three girls with a fourth on the way. I do not believe in letting my kids dress skimy and will do all I can when they are older to insill modesty in all of them. I think children dress way too old for their ages today.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• no
    alexiamms

Answer by alexiamms at 10:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Nope the most you will see of my two year old is her shoulders if it is hot, no belly bathing suits, no short shorts etc, shes a baby and i plan on keeping it that way as long as possible. nothing irks me more than seeing 2 year olds going on 21
    juansmommy

Answer by juansmommy at 11:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We have 5 girls (ages soon to be 10, soon to be 9, soon to be 8, 6 & 3) and they want to dress modestly (and yes the older four have made the decision for themselves). Skirts/dresses/jumpers/culottes middle of calf or longer. YAY!
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 9:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My kids have bikinis, yes, but nothing else is revealing. shorts to fingertips at the shortest, no belly shirts, nothing low cut without a tank underneath.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No way. Sd came from her moms house one day in a skirt that was way too short. I told her she could wear it at moms but not here. It's been sitting in her closet ever since that day.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Women that dress their children in skimpy clothes as listed above are training their daughters that's it's okay to have men think of you in sexual ways only and they are leading them down the path of a very inappropriate way of life, that sort of dress portrays a certain way of thinking and a certain attitude and your just breeding more promiscuous girls that have babies when their still teenagers.  I would never do such a thing in a world where women are just sex objects to most men and to encourage that sort of behavior your sick and it's wrong their only girls train them up right make them into respectable women who think highly of themselves and won't take their clothes off for just anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proverbs3127

Answer by Proverbs3127 at 2:56 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Nope. She's two and I'm ok with my mom putting those things on her while she's at her house, but she NEVER goes out in them. Those are her "play" clothes that she wears in her kiddie pool and to run around outside and get dirty in lol. When she's in high school (like 16+), I would be ok with things like halter tops, tube tops, bikinis (that aren't TOO revealing), shorts (so long as her butt cheeks are covered), short skirts/dresses (again, so long as her butt isn't hanging out), etc., but I would limit when and where she could wear them. She will have to follow the dress code at school at all times. So long as she's only wearing one thing like that at a time (ex.: jeans with a halter top), I'm fine with it. But I won't allow like short shorts or a skirt with a tube top or something. For one thing, those things just don't really go together most of the time, IMO.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My girls are 10, almost 8 and 4 1/2 and they all have bikinis (and look super cute in them), short shorts, halter tops and short skirts.  The short shorts and skirts are usually the result of my super skinny kids needing clothes 3 sizes smaller than what the average kid their height would wear (my 10yo can still wear a 4T waist but wears a 7 or 8 for height--she's pretty small for her age).  The halter top (dresses and shirts) we buy because they are cute.  The same with the bikinis.  I don't think they are too revealing.  The girls always look cute in them.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010