I went to the Dollar Tree today....

and well I was patiently waiting for a clerk to come ring us up; no one came. They were laughing and chatting it up.
I felt like is it possible for people to be this rude?
Well they walked past us laughing about their male customer and putting carts away, kind of that straightening up you do when it's already straight. Then they had the nerve to get upset because I put a basket of items down on the counter and left.
I really wanted to say something back, but instead I just continued walking like they had no importance to me what so ever.

Yeah... I was only spending $6.00, but with this economy shouldn't that be wanted the same as whatever higher amount?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 9:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Shopping

• yes you deserved the service as a customer and the respect as a person!!! i thin service standards have gon ethe way of the dinosaur, it used to be that peopel wanted to do a godo job fo rthe sake of doign a good job now menial job workers like teenage cashiers dont care. i always cared! and still do and i am gonna be 40 lol. hugs to you
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• They were awfully rude. They are probably worried now that you'll report them to the manager or owner.

Answer by Bmat at 9:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• yea I agree, report it to the manager. I LOVE shopping at dollar tree, but if they were rude I would prolly also have said something like,"if your going to be chatting each other up, then can you go get a manager or something? I would like to be able to check out and get back to my kids," lol
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• you are better than me! lol when this happens i usually say something to them and if i still get an attitude i would complain to the store manager
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Report it to the company. I do not know if they were not given customer service training or they just do not care.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010