HELP!!!Cant get on top

Whats wrong with me?? Ive been with my husband for over 9 years. Our sex life is boring! I cant for some reason get on top. When I try, I freeze. And get embarrassed and get off, which kills the mood. So in the 9 years weve been together, Ive been on top probably 3 times. I feel like we are both missing out on so much, but for some reason I just cant do it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• HAve you ever had this problem in other relationships???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• WHAT??? NEVER HEARD OF THIS........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• are you self conscious? not sure what to do? watch porn or something so you can see them do it and then you'll be like "that looks easy' and then you can do it. hahaha. thats what i did, excepti t wasn't porn, it was this stupid video of these 2 people "pretending" to have sex, with their clothes on and everything (it was really weird) and the girl got on top and was grinding and i was like Dude thats easy. and i got on top for the first time and acted like i knew what i was doing and it was fun!
    vivalaham

Answer by vivalaham at 12:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I dont like to do it when im pg which is right now but if i wasnt i would probably be up there.. its fun come on girl.
    have you tried it with lights off? That way you feel like he cant see you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Watch some porns. That's what I did!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 12:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• If you don't like it, then for Pete's sake don't worry about it. Not everyone likes the on top position.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• It is actually a great position for an orgasm!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I have short legs and can't straddle my SO so I don't get on top. When I was younger I never liked being on top. I'm sure you can find more fun stuff to do than just being on top.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• There's lots of other positions you can try other than being on top. I'm assuming you only do the missionary (guy on top) position since you say your sex life is boring. Doggie style is a known favorite! Or maybe try getting on top with your back to him. Maybe you will feel less embarrassed. ?? Just a suggestion. Or use blindfolds. It's very sensual! Good luck!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:39 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• It's actually one of the best positions, IMO. When you're up there, you basically have control. You can determine how fast/slow you want to go, how deep, what spot, etc. Like somebody else suggested, maybe turn the lights off if you think that could help you. I suggest you give it another try. You don't know what you're missing!
    Anonymous