I would like to volunteer in my son's kindergarten class and organized the harvest party

Do you have any ideas?, I never done that and this is my first son in school, so can you help??

sami7jami8

Asked by sami7jami8 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It is important that you get help and cooperation from other parents.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• you could try and make it a class effort...asking each family to volunteer to bring in a snack or drink...and have them tell you ahead of time what they are bringing in so you can fill in the missing things...also my sons classes loved easy arts and crafts things
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• idk..i just tell my kids teachers an they are more then willling to let me volunteer an walk me thru most things i ask..gl
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 9:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• All of the PP had good ideas - BTW, don't do bobbing for apples (too hard).
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 11:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Call the teacher & ask, sounds like a lot of fun!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:19 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• get pumpkin shaped cookies and orange frosting in baggies with little candies they can decorate pumpkins.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:30 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• You could have an apple theme since they are studying about apples right now
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• DO IT!

Teachers need all the help and volunteers they can get; I have NO doubt that your child's teacher will appreciate your involvement, and JUDOS to you mom!!

Two years ago i was volunteering a lot and for our DD's Thanksgiving party, I actually brought an entire turkey in, one I had prepared, and carved in fromt of all the kids! They still talk about that!
    Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 2:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2010