i will be 40 in october. am i old or young, why is this age supposed to be great?

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 9:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Are you kidding me? The 40's are awesome! I'm in the best shape of my life ... physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, every which way. I know exactly where I want to devote my time and energy, I remain open to new experiences and personal growth, and I don't sweat the small stuff anymore. The confidence level is through the roof and I feel there's nothing I can't do. Age is just a number; my 67-year old mother is the "youngest" person I know!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:47 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• 40 is the new 30!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My mom is 62.. She has said ALOT 40s were her best years
    - They finally had money a saving account & extra money after all the years of living broke.
    - No worry about the future, cause the future was now.. (kinda negative but) "Stopped having "dreams" about when i was older- so i knew this was it.. so could stop stressing over what will be"..
    - Career is usually set in motion.
    - 30s is to said to be your most stressful years.. Starting career, marriage, having a family, buying a home... by 40s all this is winding down & "finding your place in life" ...
    - my mom said her best body was in her 40s..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I believe that age is just a number. If you feel young, you ARE young. The same goes for being old. Not knowing you, just knowing your age, I would think you were young.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I've been looking forward to 40 since I was 15... I think it's the perfect age... You're old enough that others might actually think you have a clue what you're talking about (of course that doesn't count your kids cause they will never think you have a clue - lol) But you're still young enough to go out and have a good time... Best of both worlds!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:41 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i firmly age is just a number after you have kids...u are as old as you feel or want to be...40 will be great for me....44 will even be more awesome...when im 44 my last baby will be 18..and then i will travel lol
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am curious to see what the other answers will be, as I, too, turned 40 this past May. It was the first birthday that I was ever "anxious" about. But you know what? I'm over it. I don't "feel" forty, and my baby girl keeps me young. Things are in a better perspective for me now than when I was 20. And hey, isn't 40 the new 30?? I can live with that. (BTW, happy early birthday!!) Rock on, sister!!
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I'm 30. I don't see it as young anymore, but its not old either. I don't consider middle age til 50 though.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Idk... I turned 41 in July, and I'm trying to figure out what's so great about being old. Then again, I probably need to just change my outlook on life a little. You're only as old as you feel, I guess.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• yes right!! yes i have a seven yr old and a baby girl only six months and i am happy with myself, i look great and feel great so i just have to keep that going!! yay thanks
    silverelf

Comment by silverelf (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2010