Honest curiosity... Wasting Sperm? adult content

For those of you who don't believe in "wasting sperm" do you have sex once you're already pregnant? Or do you wait until the sperm could be potentially put to use?

I never thought about it until now, but since the sperm can't actually do "it's job" while you're pregnant, wouldn't that be wasted sperm?

Just curious... Not trying to be weird here, but wondering...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I never knew some people actually believed in wasting sperm. But you do have a very good point there.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• lol we waste alot of sperm if thats the case..
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 9:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• OMG my husband "wastes his sperm" in the shower all the time. LMAO...sorry no answer just thought it was funny.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• good question... I do not believe in the wasting sperm thing. I never heard that before until recently that there is a christian sect that does believe that. I was like uhhh ok then there is a lot of waisted sperm then! it comes from the story of Oman or Onan... O something lol been a while since I read it.

Anyway good question.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I've seen a few women on here who have said this is their belief, so I'm hoping one of them will answer maybe? I mean, me, no, this is far from my belief... We were using THREE kinds of BC when we got pregnant - lol! so I'm all for wasting it! lol! But as always, I hate not knowing things!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• comes from the story of Oman or Onan... O something lol been a while since I read it.

O Something is RIGHT!!! the big O is the reason for all the wasted sperm!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Remember that Monty Python skit "Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great, if a sperm gets wasted, God gets quite irate" sung by thousands of children.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• hmm good question...i dont think that way but i really hope someone who does answers!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i think its a good way of getting woman to agreeing to NOT making their hubby pull out! lol... isnt religion always pointed more for the males some how?!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't think so MommaTasha, because in this case it means they can't get oral either... Masturbation is out too... So I don't see that as very male friendly either...

Although in general I see what you mean - just not on this subject.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010