What to do if an eleven year old is sexually abusing his younger brother? Call child protective services? adult content

My son told me his 6 year old neighborhood playmate says his eleven year old brother sucked on his penis. Is this a case for cps to handle? The police? I don't want to talk to the parents...they might just get angry at me. And what if the stepdad abused the older boy?

popcornlover

Asked by popcornlover at 9:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• YES call the police and CPS right away!!!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• yes cause the report is anonymous..
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes, definitely call the police. Almost always, if a child is doing these acts, then they have either seen it, or it was done to them. That child needs help. I wouldn't waste anymore time.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would definatly report it. Not only for the younger sibling but also for the older one. 11 years old is way too young to know about this sort of thing and it strongly suggests that he himself has been molested. You never know who is molesting him (parents or a family member) so I would bypass all of that and go straight to CPS.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• DEFINITLY CALL THE COPS! I was abused by my stepfather, and told and ended up in foster care, and even though he was released, I was able to get my brother and sister away from him and for that I am glad
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Please call CPS and/or the polic, a child is being hurt and your the key to helping him. This child reached out to your son and he reached out to you, show them both the right thing to do.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 9:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Wow! I would keep my kid away from them.And even if you dont know the truth the whole truth.I would call the police and report it .Hey you never know you could be that kid hero
    ayneka

Answer by ayneka at 9:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i would report it to cps and the police.
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 9:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• my mom works with sexually abused children for Florida's state attorneys office. and says that this matter MUST BE REPORTED ASAP. you as a grown up should make a call to DCF it can be an anonymous call and FIND THE 1-800 NUMBER online...this child needs help he has been open to an abuse that without help can make his life change in so many different ways to the worst...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• yes it dont make a difference if the parent get mad or not call CPS..if it is true..u could be saving these kids from suicide,becoming a pedophile,an most importatly long term psychologica damagel ..i had the same problem with a family member yrs ago..as it turned out the son(11 at the time) was doing it to his younger brothers cause their dad not his was doin it to him..they removed him from the home an he got great therapy to help him cope..now at 19 he more productive part of society..tho its a day to day struggle for him he got the help that he needed...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 9:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010