K... after 3 days spayed kitty got out, came back for food and stitches gone, belly swollen. Doesn't look infected. Hernia??

Do you think hernia? What do I do??

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pets

• I would def. call the vet in the morning- they will probably want to see her b/c that is way to early for her stiches to come out- Good Luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes you need to take her to the vet. I had a cat that was very active after being spayed and she swelled up around the incision-the stitches were still there but she had to have the area drained. Hope she has been seen by now and is OK.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 8:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would call the vet and ask.
    Is it red, hot, or pussie?
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Call the vet for sure. That's way early for stitches to be coming out, and you want to make sure everything is ok.
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 11:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• aww, sad! Yes, I would call, too. BEST of luck!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:39 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would call the vet. When I got Zebra fixed I locked her in a room w/ food,water, and a litter box and checked her stitches once a day. I didn't want to take the chance of her getting out. She was in the room for like 2 wks I believe. I'm so glad I got her fixed. I got her in 6/07 and got her fixed this year because she got prego every yr. Now that she is fixed she hardly ever wants out. She was a stray when I got her.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 2:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• TO THE VET.....DUH!
    ParklaneMom

Answer by ParklaneMom at 4:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• probably a hernia, they're supposed to be less active and out is not good! pull her food and take her to the vet in the morning! they need 8 hours of not eating or drinking if they need to do any type of surgery, you'd be better off planning ahead just in case!
    Katie T.

Answer by Katie T. at 1:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Thanks all, Gypsy is OK. Sorry I haven't been on for an update. :)
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2010