Are you a single parent?

If so, how do you do it?

BraythansMom

Asked by BraythansMom at 9:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes and I just do because my son needs to be strong and in charge. He needs a stable parent in his life and I am it. I have no other choice, it isn't easy but someone has to do it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yep. I just do it. No choice in the matter.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yup you just do it cause your kids depend on you. Never a day off. I love this job. Thank God for my dd.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I'm a single mom. I live two hours away from any family. I go to school full time and have a full time job. I actually enjoy being single. I don't have to have someone else to make decisions with.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am a single mother of 3 boys. And yep u jus do it. U have 2. If u dont who will. Its hard but i like it. I raise my kids my way and dont have 2 discuss issues with another party.
    olivia3579

Answer by olivia3579 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No, since my husband's death, I am an only parent. You get up and do it all, by yourself, every single day, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It's all ours. Money matters such as earning, planning, budgeting, paying bills, auto repair, child-rearing, yardwork and maintenance, cooking, cleaning, doctor visits ... and anything else you can think of. All of it. You do what needs to be done.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 11:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My hat is off to both of you!!!! I have a husband and it is not easy at times.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am no longer a single mom, but I was a single mom of a disabled child for several years.
    You do what you have to do. It was not always easy and most times it was hard, but giving up was not an option. My son needed me and he needed me to provide for him. I worked my butt off to give him what he needed.
    The hardest thing for me was to learn to ask for help when I needed it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I've never NOT been a single mom.. my ds will be 18 in February. I do it because if I don't... who will?? My Marc-alicious rocks!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• 1) Give up any notion of a good night sleep.

2) Get a good social network of friends to help out in a pinch

3) Save for a rainy day.

4) Pray (alot)
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 11:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010