Whats one thing good or bad that will never leave your mind from when you were a child?

mine would be that a teacher had me come to her home and permed my hair and let me do simple chores so i could have money- my dad lost his job and they got on drugs. I wish i remembered her name so I could say thank you!

lovmyhubby

Asked by lovmyhubby at 9:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Getting bit in the mouth by my aunt's dog. It almost tore my top lip clear off!
    I will live with my scars forever.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• SO MANY IT WAS SUPER HARD TO HAVE TO GROW UP PART OF MY LIFE AWAY FROM MY FAMILY AND GO THREW SO MUCH A CHILD SHOULD NEVER GO THREW...BUT ITS OVER AND DONE WITH AND WHAT HURTS US ONLY MAKES UP STRONGER...OR SO THEY SAY

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My dad coming home drunk, swinging on my mom, and yelling, telling her I was the only reason he loved. Him being a drunk.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Seeing my dad slap my mom while he was drunk and then throwing the whiskey bottle into her wind shield cracking it. She was also on drugs at the time. I had a very rough childhood growing up. Also I can remember my last visit with my mom on my 8th birthday and she dropped me off and left and never came back. That was the last time I saw my mother. I am now 25.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I typed out the whole horrible story and decided I couldn't share it. It's to painful for me to share with people I don't really know.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Watching my dad point a gun at my mom's head, my mom and dad fighting and screaming all of the time, getting beat with a gun rod until I had welts on my back, being molesed by two different uncles, watching my brothers get beat by my father to, watching my brother get run over by a truck, telling my mom about being molested and her not believing me and then protecting her brothers from my "horrid lies" (I was 7yrs old when I was molested)........I could go on and on but I wont........glad that hell is over.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It's sad that most of us think of the worst things first. It shows you how much of what we do sticks with our kids.
    lovmyhubby

Comment by lovmyhubby (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Good: My grandfather used to get up w/ me every Sunday morning. We'd read the Sunday paper together, go over the stock pages, and out to a local restaurant for Belgian waffles w/ fresh strawberries and extra whipped cream. When I couldn't finish mine, he'd let me eat all the berries and then he'd eat my waffle.

Bad: My biological father told me when I was 18 and visiting him that I was a mistake he regretted so much that he'd had a vasectomy to prsent it from happening again.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 10:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• A lot of things, honestly. One would be my father hearing from me and my grandma that my step dad had sexually abused me, and he got really angry and said he was going to beat the crap out of him, or at least have a long and threatening talk with him about it. That weekend, they went to an NFL game together like old times. Another would be my step dad raping me and my biological mother molesting me.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Discovering porn with a neighbor friend at 6yrs old and acting out what we were seeing.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2010