Should I feel bad?

I did my research and seriously considered who I should vote for and I have finally come to the conclusion that I am just not going to vote!

Now I feel as if a great big burden has been lifted off my shoulders!! Should I feel bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I respect your decision to not vote...

But I think a lot of people are going to bash you because you're not going to :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• It's your perogative not to vote, however, I feel you lose the right to bitch about the government by choosing that route.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 12:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Don't whine next year then. You choose not to vote, you choose not to complain. Just sayin'.
    punkmama27

Answer by punkmama27 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• you have the freedom to vote or not vote. you should not feel bad.

and you have the freedom to complain if you want to too ;o)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think it's better not to vote if you don't agree with any of them. yeah you still can bitch if you want too. : )
    and if you feel like a burdens been lifted off your shoulders then you have no reason to feel bad.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• You have no reason to feel bad except when you consider what women went through to gain women's suffrage. If women in third world countries had the right to help choose who their leader is, I can guarantee that they would have a higher percentage of voter turnout. You have the privilege of participating in democracy. There are six candidates you could vote for. You can write someone in, even yourself. That would be better than not voting at all. And no, someone who does not participate in the process has no right to participate in complaining later.
    When someone gripes after the election, I think I will ask if they voted. If they say no, I will have no chioce but to tell them to shut up then.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:19 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'm at a similar spot, well I'm going to vote for one of the other candidates but you know they're not going to win!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think I will write in someone's name. Can't wait till this election is over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I may write in Mickey Mouse, he might do a better job than McCain or Obama! Seriously though, I understand what you mean, the choices this time are terrible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• You have the option of a third party. Here's someone to take a closer look at.. http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/news/

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 3:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2008