what to do

my daughter will be 4 months oct 23rd. the dr told me not to feed her cereal till she wa 6ms b/c of her weight. shes is 15 lbs and 24 inches long. she had to take medicine from a spoon n liked it. should i start her out on cereal now or wait. Please help me.what are other signs?

MadeylnsMom

Asked by MadeylnsMom at 12:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• listen to her doctor!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I guess I would listen to your Dr... However, I do feel she is old enough...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I believe it's when you think she's ready. MOMMY'S KNOW BEST!!!
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• the first day my son turned 4 months he was eating baby ceareal from a spoon . It helps them sleep longer and stay full better i would deff say yes to the baby ceareal
    imbabyboo2u

Answer by imbabyboo2u at 2:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Our babies are really close Georgia turns 4 mth on the 24th. I have tried Cereal with her, I would just try it to get them use to it. With my sons doctor told me to feed mash potatoes to him at 4 mths off the table. I wouldn't use it as a meal just every few days try it out. She is just now opening her mouth for the food and on nov 1 we are going to buy some baby food to test it out. Stephanie
    Codysmommy639

Answer by Codysmommy639 at 2:21 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• you should listen to your doctor.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I always heard not to regularly give babies food until they sit up on their own. I give mine tastes of things, like on my finger, and she's three months old.
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 4:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• 3 of my kids started on cereal at 1 month old and 1 started at 10 days old (on the advice of his doctor) all my kids are healthy and happy. some people say that feeding them to early will lead to all sorts of health problems, but if your kids are going to have problems, they will have them regardless.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Give your baby cereal, if the doctor wants you to hold off in fear of weight gain- mix the cereal with water instead of formula. It sounds like she is ready to progress to the spoon. I'd say go for it. Go for one serving a day. We did lunch time at daycare, then dinner time with us, our babe enjoys food more than the bottle now, and she is small for her age.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 8:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Listen to the doctor. He's obviously concerned and looking out for the best interest of the child. They grow up so fast, enjoy bottle/breastfeeding with your child. You'll have plenty of time to introduce foods later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2008