When/Why do you vote down answers?

I almost always vote down an answer if it's really rude, mean, off topic, etc. (So I vote down like zero to two answers a day lol, because that's usually about the number of answers that I see that I think are THAT bad.) Sometimes I vote down an answer if I seriously disagree with what they say about something, but I think it's because I'm so used to Yahoo Answers having the down votes. You vote down an answer that you don't like. It helps the asker pick a best answer if they aren't sure by basically showing the most and least popular answers. I usually end up feeling bad if I do that here lol. I don't really mean it in a bitchy way, it's just a habit :(

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I haven't really done Yahoo answers but I'm not one to be shy about my opinions. LOL!
    I don't feel offended when my answers are voted down, but maybe that's because I look at it more as a debate and less a value judgement?? I think it's important to have a healthy sense of self when others disagree and it only creates a forum for self discovery and an opportunity to learn about others.
    I was invited to be on the debate team in high school (although I turned it down.. it was bad enough I was in AP classes and none of my friends were.. all I needed was to be in AP classes.. pregnant AND in the debate club and I would have been asking for a wedgie!!.... J/K!!! ) LOL!!!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I rarely down vote, but if I do, I usually leave a note as to why it was done. Unless there's a personal attack involved, then I figure, no need.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I only do it if the person is being extremely nasty or rude.
    It really bothers me that someone votes down an answer that is politely stated yet appears to go against what someone believes. I always vote up an answer I see is voted down if it appears that it was only voted down if the person disagreed with them. I will do that even when i disagree with the answer.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I vote down rude know it all answers, or answers that rudely "corrects" a previous answer.

I do not vote down smart ass answers, I LMAO at those.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have occasionally voted down an answer when it's rude to the original poster.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• IF THE ANSWER SUCKS ASS VOTE IT DOWN...LOL ONE OF MY ANSWERS WAS VOTED DOWN BY 11 PPL...LOL FUNNY SHIT... ANYONE CAN VOTE ME DOWN I DONT CARE OOOOOOOH WOW IT HURTS MY FEELINGS...LOL

THIS IS ALL ABOUT PERSONAL OPINION AND SOME PPL ARE NOT OPEN MINDED....OHHHHH I FEEL THAT THUMPS DOWN COMING MY WAY...LOL

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 10:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Rudeness, nasty/bitchyness, incorrect (if it's a factual type of question), or if I really disagree...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I feel bad about voting down an answer, if i ever ask a question. I feel that the ones took the time to give their viewpoint, meant that they cared evough to reply, so it is hard to choose who is the best answer
    kgardner62411

Answer by kgardner62411 at 1:04 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If its rude, a personal attack, if its incorrect (especially if its dangerous, like saying its okay to water down formula), or if the way its stated is one that shows an attitude of arrogance or prejudice, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I'm pretty new to CM Answers and I've never voted down an answer. I've also never had anyone vote down my answers. But watch someone will probably do it now lol
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 10:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010