Dire Straights...How do I keep it going...

I am 23 years old. I have an 18 month old daughter. Last year my husband died at war in Iraq. He was 24. He never got to meet our daughter before he died.

I was told five months ago that I have Ovarian cancer. I was stage two when they discovered the cancer and I have since progressed to stage three. I have no family, no time for friends and I'm dying. My DH was raised in foster care until he joined the ARMY at age 17 so he has no family either. I am deathly afraid for my daughter. I feel like I am abandoning her. What can I do..I'm so sad all of the time...sad doesn't even cut it. How do I help my 18 month old prepare to become an orphan?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• I would suggest that you start interviewing families tha are open to adoption. make sure that you let them know that you want your daughter to remember/be riminded of her mother. Start NOW and interview until it feels right in your heart. I'm truly sad for you. I am 22 and my husband is a soldier as well.
    AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Wow... this is a toughie..... I would start looking into the whole adoption thing, so that you and her new family can bond together, so that you can be at peace with who will be watching over her.
    hstansbury17

Answer by hstansbury17 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2008