what would you do if you were stuck in a marriage that you want out of?

my husband and i are not getting along and i cant leave bc he says that i cant take our daughter.... all want to get out of a relationship that is not working anymore and he is not wanting to go to counseling..... i want is to be happy.... can anyone help me?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• take your daughter and leave. he can't stop you. and if he tries to do anything physical to stop you, then you just call the cops, he goes to jail, you get restraining order. problem solved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• It's not that easy to just up and leave. If you do you need to be preperred for a long court battle and emotional turmoil. I have been through one bad divorce and now I'm on my second marriage that I can't bear to be in but I stay because I know my hubby will get our son. I don't have answers but I know what it's like to be stuck!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Go to counseling alone if he won't go with you. Get an attorney to help you out as well.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I left and left with my 3 children. He couldn't stop me. I never regretted leaving.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:26 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Yes you can get up and leave first get a restraing order are you afraid of him is he abusive put that all down on paper.The law will protect you.There are shelters you can go to do you have family you can stay with ?You can go to the court house and tell them you want to file for a divorce they will help you.You can stay with family while you look for a new job and a new place.The children usually stay with the mother unless you are deemed unfit or also finicially unfit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Go to church. Learn what being a good mother and wife means. Model/example those behaviors for your family. Stick it out. I know that sounds terrible, but all I'm hearing is you're not happy. I'm not hearing abuse, neglect, affairs. Just... unhappiness. So try to find out what makes him happy. Do the things you used to do. Rekindle that marriage. At least, give it a try. It's worth it, isn't it? For your child? Do some research on statistics of one-parent households. It's scary. Avoid it, if you can. I know that sounds harsh and unfeeling, but honestly; the Bible says "don't divorce" for a reason: God wants to spare you the additional heartache! Good luck. I'll pray for you.
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 1:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't know why these men always say you can't take your child! Trust me, it is just a scare tactic. When you are ready to go, you plan your escape and you and your daughter just GO. It won't be a walk in the park, but you CAN get through this. Stay strong. You have a LOT more power than you think. I was married 10 yrs to a controlling, manipulative son of a b&#@%. I divorced 3 yrs ago and now I am "living".
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'll tell you what I learned from my divorce.It wasn't a solution to all my problems.It gave me just a whole new set of problems.I don't regret divorcing him at all.It was the right thing to do, he wouldn't be faithful and he wouldn't keep a job.and we had two kids to raise.

He can't keep you from taking your daughter and leaving.Just do it when he isn't home, and let him come home to an empty house.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 6:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2008