My baby hates having anything on her head...what can I do?

Ok besides when she was a newborn, around 3 Months old My daughter freaked out when anything touched her head...Hoods, Headbands, Hats...etc. I though it was a just something she would grow out of but shes going on 10 months old and I still can not get anything close to her head. This isnt a problem right now( and i'm not concerned with headbands or anyhting for cosmetic reasons) Its just that winter is coming and she HAS to have something on her head! I've even tried hats with ties or velcro underneath...nothing works. The second anything goes on her head she immediatly RIPS it off and get upset with me. Even with it tied under her chin she pulls so hard she practically stangles herself. So I'm at a lost cause and was wondering if anyone has had this problem or know what I could do to Solve/Help this situation.

Mommy2Ariana

Asked by Mommy2Ariana at 12:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My little one is now two and never liked anything over his head either. When we had to go out I would just drape a blanket over his head until he was in the car. We lived somewhere though that it never got really cold, so the only time he had to was when we would go back to see family. He was always little enough that we never had him outside longer than it took to get in the car though. So try just tossing a blanket over her when you go outside.
    EtiesMommy

Answer by EtiesMommy at 12:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I get the hats with straps. She may not like it but it won't come off in the little amount of time I need it worn.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My son HATES hats too. I got him a cute black & grey striped beanie that's reversible & I have to fight him to get him to keep it on. As soon as it's put on it's right back off. I just wanna tie his hands down sometimes. I don't know how to keep them on either.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• every baby goes through this - some parents win and some babies win ...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• my sons HATES hats too. He's 11 months. and what i do because its already in the 30's wher ei live, is i put on his beanie, and then i put on his mittens, and he is so engaged in what those things on his hands are that he forgets his hat is on! Works for me. try it out!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 1:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Just a suggestion . . . maybe a hooded shirt, that might be a little more difficult to remove once he's strapped in his carseat. Also, they make carseat covers. I have one and I love it. I dress her warmly and then put the carseat cover on. It can even be velcroed shut completely until you get to the car. I love it. Here is an example:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6487082
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• After really looking at the ones sold at Walmart, I realized that they don't have the flap to cover the face . . . so I've looked around and this one is awesome!!

http://www.target.com/Babys-Cozy-World-Microfiber-Embroidered/dp/B000VPPS9M/ref=cm_reviews_dp_seemore/601-5567977-9174508?ie=UTF8&coliid=&frombrowse=1&alt%5Fview=custReviews&asin=B000VPPS9M#R26V7CNC7D0JRX

I think I want this one as it seems better than mine!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2008