What can she do to help herself along?

My best friend is 40 weeks, Has had her membraines strip'd, and has lost her mucous plug. And is also 2 centameters dilated already. She's try'd walking, sex, eating spicy food. And now she's loosing out on sleep because she's just laying awake waiting for her baby girl.
Is there anything elase at all that will help her out. Do hot baths work at all? Any suggestions?

Sorry if this questions repeated alot. But I wanted to ask, to help her out. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know the feeling your friend is going through...I was two weeks two days late before I got induced with my baby girl in June...it was horrible, I had my membranes swept twice, walked a ton, and tried Primrose Oil...has she tried that? It didn't really help me, but it seems like she has tried everything that I know of. She can get the gel tabs and either take them orally or vaginally...Hope her baby girl decides to come on out soon!
    LexRamp

Answer by LexRamp at 10:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I've heard eating fresh pineapple can start up contractions. I'm not sure how true it is but i've heard stories of it working.
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• heating pad..that what happ to my dd..they were giviing me heating pad massages after my accident,..but it can send a baby into distress..so i would tell just go to the doc an telll them tht she wants to be induced asap..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• She's pretty much doing all you can do. Walking and sex are the main physical things that I have heard help the process along.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 12:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Scalini's Eggplant Parmesan. Google it.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• also you can go for a ride on a bumpy road is what ive done then again i live on a bumpy road so i had to go on the road ride lol
    pandapoo100

Answer by pandapoo100 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010