How can I get my picky eater to eat?

I have a 11 year old that says she doesn't like anything, the major problem I'm having is with breakfast. She's decided she does'nt like sausage, oatmeal, pancakes, eggs, toaster struedels and I'm out of things to try and get any suggestions? I'm not sending her to school hungry.

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Let her have leftovers from dinner if she wants. Some kids just aren't into breakfast foods. The only thing I could get into my kids as they ran out the door was Instant Breakfast or eggnog. Not what I wanted them to have but it was better than nothing.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• What about toast with peanut butter or cold cereal
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Ask her what she wants, if she does not eat it........

Then, OH WELL ???

You are a MOTHER, NOT a WAITRESS ?
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Have you asked her what she wants to eat for breakfast? My SD11 is so picky and we have found that asking her the night before helps.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I started letting my DD see how things were put together and brought her grocery shopping with me. Also let her have a choice in the menu.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 10:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Give her 3 options that you think she might like. If she doesn't want them, then let her be hungry. I have a very picky eater, so I limit the amount of snacks and things he gets, so he is really hungry when meal time comes. He eats everything I put in front of him if he is hungry enough. Going hungry a few mornings won't cause her any damage and won't make her lose any weight. I think she will get the picture after a few times, and eat what she can.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 10:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would have 2 choices, and if she goes to school hungry, that's her choice. If she ends up starving by the time she has lunch, then she'll decide to eat. I'm sure she won't starve.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 11:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My family and I take Juice Plus. It gives us 17 servings of fruits and vegetables every day. I want my family to eat healthy, who doesn't, but life gets hecktic and stressful or we have a picky eater in the family. Juice Plus gives me peace of mind. It helps to bridge the gap between what my family eats and the food they need to be healthy. My hubby and one of my kids take the Juice Plus gummies. They are so good you would never guess you were eating fruits and vegetables. The company has a great childrens health study, for everyone who orders the capsules you can get an order of the gummies or capsules for free for kids ages 4-18 or an undergrad in college. @ for 1 for something that can change your familys health and give you one less thing to worry about. I love Juice Plus so much I became a Rep with the company because i was telling everyone about it any way. Let me know if you would like more info.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 11:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Just ask what she would like to have and try that out.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:09 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Ask hr want she wants. If she dpnt eat, then she don't eat. She'll eventually get hungry
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 25, 2010