Whay exactly is a "troll" and how do you know?

I keep seeing responses to posts where the ladies responding are calling the person posting out on being a liar and call them a troll. What is all this about?

savannah85w2

Asked by savannah85w2 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• People who get on here asking ridiculous or off the wall questions just to humor themselves. It's pretty sad there are people out there who have nothing better to do with their time.
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• LOL I thought a troll was those dolls they used to make with brightly colored hair that stuck straight up.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 10:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You'll read lots of answers to this question here.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I saw one today about a person who could tell the difference between yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis by smell and was offered a job by an ob gyn. They claimed to have done market research that proved they were 96% accurate. Should they take the job? Please, I didn't even answer. You want to sniff stanky jayjay all dayday? Be my guest, Troll.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Usually they post anon...
    Like for instance.. one the other day was titled how can i save money? or something like that...
    When you went to the inside she said she had already used water to take a bath... and to try to save as much as possible... she used her old nasty bath water to wash her dishes...

Or one from the other day about trying to save so she was wondering if it was okay to reuse toilet paper...
    It is fake questions to get a laugh or rise out of people...
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My fav troll was from MSN and she was posting not understanding what the uptight Mom's in the christian school she had placed her child had problems with her being a porn star.....It was hysterical
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The meanies on here
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• What musicmom08 said
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I agree with everyone else, it's people who post questions or answers that you just know have to be fake because no one could be that stupid
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 1:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010