My Neighbor has a 17 month old. He is the same age as my son, My neighbors kid however has a problem hitting and screaming, how do they stop that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ignore it. When he hits them, stay calm and ask him not too. When he screams do not react. My daughter has taken to tantrums lately (15months). She is just learning about "no". I ignore it. I hold her if she wants me to hold her but I will not give in. Imagine what it could turn into!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Kids all have different ways of expressing themselves, and they feed off of their parents reactions. I agree. Ignore it. Don't address the child until they can "communicate" in a calmer manner. I do think that the hitting should be addressed though. At the childs level, sternly say, "we don't not hit".... or even time outs for hitting. But if the hitting is addressed, it should ALWAYS be addressed. Not... let it slide this one time, but say something the next, ya know?
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 11:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2008