Restless leg syndrome

Anyone have RLS ? Is there anything that helps you other than prescription meds?

Carolannie

Asked by Carolannie at 10:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Health

• Try magnesium before bed; RLS is believed to occur as a result of a magnesium deficiency.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• my mom has it and the only thing that has ever helped her is the meds. shes tried everything else. shes been on khlonopin (< spelling) at night before bed forever it seems like
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 10:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I GET IT AND THE BEST THING IS A MASSAGE...SO MY DOCTOR TELLS ME BUT OMG ITS HORRIBLE...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 10:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have it and its worse when I have to ride in the car for hours at the time...I have never found anything that helps with mine good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Am currently taking medication for it but just wish I could find something other than that.
    Carolannie

Comment by Carolannie (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My husband has it.. He says that sitting in the warm shower with the shower head raining down on his legs helps.. He also often sleeps in a recliner... For some reason it helps him. Good luck!
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 10:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have it. Hot bath helps me tremendously. I am not on meds for it yet but its getting to the point where I want to try after I have this baby.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 11:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I only get it in one leg and only once in a while. I am not on any meds and it drives me nuts.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 12:50 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• RLS is often caused by mineral deficiencies. My son was caused by low iron. Now he takes an iron supplement.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:00 AM on Sep. 25, 2010