How do you decorate your mantle for the fall holidays and Christmas? I need some new ideas.

Our room is pretty rustic and I don't want to spend too much money.

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 10:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• make something yourself!! have the kids join in as well and hey if its not the best looking at least its a memory you and your children will always have!!! : )
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't have a mantle but will make a "fireplace and mantle" for my sons christmas. shelf with stuff hung on it and decorated next to the tree
    hjpmommy

Answer by hjpmommy at 11:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I decorate the top of our entertainment center with a nativity scene with garland and white lights draped across the front. I have also put a few candles on the sides.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We bought our house on January 31, 2007, but Christmas 2009 was the first time we decorated our mantel over our fireplace. I've never decorated one before, but I had an idea of what I wanted to use that I already had and what I wanted to buy to add to it.
    Our room has dark wooden walls (ick) and off-white carpeting. The fireplace is made of bricks and the mantel is just a nice piece of stained wood.
    I placed my wooden nativity scene on top, my rustic snowmen, some scented candles, and brass stocking holders. I bought a long strand of greenery with white lights to hang across the front and drape down the sides and a long strand of holly berries that also light up. I bought artificial cranberries and stuck those in the greenery to add more color. On the platform (?) in front of the fireplace I put my lit up, one-piece village, my rustic santa, and a framed photo of my granddaughter sitting on santa's lap.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Oh, on the wall above, I placed my round mirror that has a wood snowman frame around it.
    If you have a Christmas Tree Shop anywhere near you (look up its Web site to see) then I strongly suggest shopping there. They sell Christmas items and decorations all year long for very reasonable prices and can help you further with ideas.
    Also, do some searches online for ideas...a lot should come up when you type in Christmas mantel images or something similar.
    Best wishes, and have fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Darn, my hand slipped and I clicked the anon box by mistake...sorry, it was me. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2010