Sick

My 9 month old is sick. She has a cold (that will not let up) and a cough. Her doctor tells me to use a bulb syringe and saline drops. I've been using if, keeping her warm and dressing her warm when we have to step out. Saline drops and byringe seems to not wor. I want her to feel better because she's not eating as much well a bottle. She sleeps a lot and that's good but something has to give. What else do I need to do???

ProudMommie83

Asked by ProudMommie83 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i use baby vicks rub a lil bit on the bottom of her feet put socks on n a lil on her chest that wil help with the coughin it helped my babies when they sleep also a vicks vaporizer i used those on both my boys when they r sick n it helps good luck hope she gets better soon
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• try getting some shower soothers. They are a menthol tablet you put under hot shower water. When my DD was tiny i'd get those, turn the shower water screaming hot, throw one in, and sit n the bath room with her. It seemed to help.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• WE have also used the baby vicks rub and also a humidifier. Elevate her head in the crib if you can, its so sad that they cant have any cough meds! But a hot tub right before bed or sitting in the steam can really break up the mucuos so they sleep (or eat) better. You may also try Tylenol (for comfort) in case there is post-nasal drip thats causing throat irritation. Best of luck, I hope you are both wel soon!
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Try bathing her in Johnsons & Johnsons Vapor Bath
    mommy2angel

Answer by mommy2angel at 2:39 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• my dd's doc gave her an antibiotic along with the drops and suction and it worked in about a week
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• maybe a childrens cold medication???
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 11:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• @Hobbitswife04 - Where do you get Shower Soothers?
    @Sandi_361 & Mellibelli917 - I'm going to ge them tomorrow. Don't want to take her out in this windy night.
    @jorjiegirl - She to young for prescription & they told me to only use Saline Drops & a suringe.
    @Pinkdena - She to young for prescription.
    @Mellibelli917 - Tylenol & Motrin isn't in any stores since they was on recall.

Thank you guys for the fast response.
    ProudMommie83

Comment by ProudMommie83 (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010