Co-parenting?

Those who have to deal with bio or step mom.... Do you get along? Are you bio or step? And same for your SO does he get along with bio or step dad? I have 2 girls of my own and me and my so raised them for 3yrs w/o my kids bio dad. 2 yrs ago he came back in their lives and I tried to get along w his fiance but didnt work. He and I get along only when she is not involved. Now back to my SO...he has a son from ex wife who I had it out w for a couple of yrs but She(the bio) and I this past yr had said enough is enough pretty much. We get along even to the point of hanging out so the kids can play and we just talk. Now my so(her ex) has yet to join the bandwaggen.But were making progress. I have made every attempt w my ex's fiance but I think its so new that maybe she is going through all the million emotions that I felt. ANyways Im really a nice person and I want the best for all the kids involved in Our mixed up blended family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• i never have but bumped ya hope that helps!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 11:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• By the way my 2 kids and my so's son are getting along much better since the bio mom and I have been friendly. Its whats best for the kids and at the same time its great to get to know the other parents envolved for the sake of the childs up bringing. Itrs a bonus when you can get along as if your friends. And my kids love my step sons mom. Im more ok with that than their dads fiance!
    mymestey

Comment by mymestey (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• me my husband & bio get along great...to the point we do co parenting alot more the most shared birthday parties,shared holidays,family events weddings,funerals,etc.it does help a great deal to have all parents involved..it didnt work u had a child this ir ur life from here on out..make the best of it so u have a happy healthy child
    hiswifey0725

Answer by hiswifey0725 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have so many issues with my hubbies ex she is unabelievably hard to deal with.....I really just want to get along. I hate baby momma drama....ugh.....I envy you.....good luck!!
    MOM.E.BUTTERFLY

Answer by MOM.E.BUTTERFLY at 11:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• btw i have also worked for my sons bio & it worked out great until the bio gpa got sick n passed..
    hiswifey0725

Answer by hiswifey0725 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• well we havent gotten to the point of shared holidays and stuff but my so's ex has taken my daughter out for the day and has offered to do so in the future. We all have our own familys to be w for the holidays so I think we will keep it like it is plus the only guy on board so far is my so's ex wifes boyfriend. But my so says he can hang out w everyone and let the kids play. So we will see. As for my ex I dont want to get to that point cause I rather him be out of the pic anyway. He is a halfa$$ dad. But if he sticks around I wld really like for his fiance to grow up and try and get along with me cause my girls are suffering enough.
    mymestey

Comment by mymestey (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have SOOOOO many problems with my ex's wife. It doesn't help that he's drunk dialed me in front of her more than once, so I feel her pain, but she's put my kid in danger more than once, and that's where I stop playing nice.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i had problems...but he no longer is involved, so all is good again
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have a yours mine and ours situation in my house. My fiance has a 6 yr old -making me SM. and I have a 2 yr old -making him SD. Then we have a child of our own and antoher on the way.. My fiance's x -BM has a 8 month old with her fiance and her fiance has a 6 yr old. My ex - BD has a giril firend with a 1 year old... I personally hate drama and wish everyone could get along and hang out and do holidays and brithday and what not together.. My x and his GF are verrrry cordial with my fiance and I we all get along very nicely. My fiance's ex HATES me.. and has admitted that she doesnt have a legit reason. just doesnt want to like me or get to kno me. (*we have been engaged 2 yrs now and were together before that for a year and also for 3 years before he met her.. ) My fiance's x's fiance has threatened to kill my fiance with my son in the car. . so needless to say its very hard to get along wtih that side of the family.
    Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Answer by Mrs_Chris_Pukt at 8:42 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have had more conflict with my fiance's x than i have ever had with anyone -ever! its very tiring especially when its always something .. like on my SS's birthday -- we promised he could go the park for his birthday but we didnt have his booster seat cause BM always borrows it but this time she forgot to bring it back when she dorpped him off .. so we were waiting allll day for her to drop off the car seat to us but she stoped answering her phone and then said oh im on my way and shut her fone off .. well now its 9PM and she shows up with the car seat. so ok its late and we have younger children but we figure we promised and its his brithday so whatev. She made a huge scean and grabs SS by the arm dragging him to her car while he's crying alllll because I came outside and was putting the other chilren in the car - she legit doesnt want him around me .. its rediculous!!!! BUT feel free to message me if u ever want to talk =]
    Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Answer by Mrs_Chris_Pukt at 8:48 AM on Sep. 27, 2010