how to stop kids from sneaking ice cream

My kids will sneak stuff out of the freezer - bad enough that I find the empty cartons hidden around the house. Without just "not" buying stuff, any good ways to stop that behavior? I've tried taking privileges, but doesn't seem to work.

Maureenmich

Asked by Maureenmich at 11:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• lock on the fridge

tell them it has to last a month, and if it's gone in two days - oh well!
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Wow...I have never had THAT problem. How do they sneak it out and into their rooms? Hehe. My kids really didn't get sneaky and they didn't even eat a whole lot. Just stop buying Ice Cream. LOL. And just stock up on healthy foods. That should do the trick!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Never to old for a spanking.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I know it's not on the list but seriously just don't buy it. or buy a smaller size jut for you. make them watch and not get any because they snuck it.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:54 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Buy individual treats instead. Divide them up per child and tell them you won't be buying any more until............. When they are gone, they are gone. Do not replenish until you want to.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:54 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If its not in the house, they can't sneak and get it.
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The best thing is not to buy the stuff or just buy enough for one-serving and that's it.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have a deep freeze that I bury the ice cream in. I have the same problem and the deep freeze was the best solution but if you do not have one you could buy flavors they don't like or reduced fat type of stuff. there are also fridge door alarms in kitchen specialty shops.
    Good luck I know it is frustrating!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Wow...I have never had THAT problem..Buy individual treats instead.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If you buy it for you, you should buy it for them too. Otherwise don't buy it!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2010