costume ideas help?

I have a 2 1/2 year old girl, and trying to go through ideas for halloween costumes. I don't want her to be a princess because honestly most of the costumes I think are inappropriate (especially with october weather in NY, something that could be warm, yet still part of the costume would be nice). I'm not to keen on tv characters unless they are classics. I'm also not really a fan of the bug or fairy costumes because they are EVERYWHERE. Any ideas???

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 11:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• I understand where you are coming from. Oct weather in PA is not always the best especially by the lake. My 4 year old DD of course wants to be a princess so I went onto party city - they have tons of ideas - and looked around they had a georgous juliet princess (as the have titled) which is pink and purple just what she wants but appears to be a heavier costume. you might want to check out that sight for ideas they seem to have tons.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 2:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• snowman, ice princess, lucy ball, fire-woman, indian
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Well, I'm still pregnant with my daughter... But because I'm pregnant I decided to go as Gaia... I figure I can use the costume next year (just with different embellishments) to go as Demeter and my lil girl as Persephone...

I would say just about any historical or mythological "girl child" would work...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• How about a crayon?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• she can be an escamo which to me is really cute and warm.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• lol lynnsae that's a cute idea.. I'll have to find a picture of one and show her and let her decide.

hotmama: while she knows her colors, she really doesn't like the idea of a crayon. She may be two but is very opinionated, lol.

mommy2each: I'll check out there site for ideas, but we definitely aren't going princess (for one, she hates the material most of those costumes are made of, she says they hurt because they itch, so I don't want to put her through that, and most of the ones I've seen are soo slutty for even toddlers, and well you know about the weather issues, lol, so it just won't work, but definitely will check out the site for more ideas.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010