Why is it so wrong for black men to date white women? adult content

Today I saw on a court show ( i know it's dramatized) that this women was divorcing her husband (he's black, she's white) because he kept cheating and the women he cheated with knew he was married but didn't care because she was white.
Anyways I've seen this so many times. My friend in high school was dating a black guy and she was taunted a lot and was threaten and then one day a group of black girls jumped her and broke her eye socket all because she was white and dating a black guy. I went to high school in the 21st century so it's not because of the times.
So why is it so wrong for white girls to date black men?
Again I've seen it more times then the time I experienced with my friend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I personally dont see anything wrong with it... but I have seen the same thing when I was in school... White girls getting beat up because they were "taking their men"...seriously?? It's dumb and they are just racist...most of them had stank attitudes and acted like they ruled the world.. and then wondered why men... of ANY color didn't want to deal with them...

It's just ignorance IMO... something that is taught at home... and alot of times i have heard stories of these guys own mothers being mad at them because they "brought a white girl home"....but it goes both ways... white people have problems with different races dating too

people need to get with the times
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It's not... I've never understood this attitude... I've heard a number of black women say things like "they are taking our men" - really? Men are men... Black, white or purple... It's sad that race still matters to some people that much!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it, but there are plenty of racists out there. In the real world people don't usually get assaulted for something like this. High school is another world.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• yea in highschool it was like that a few girls dated black guys, some were white others were hispanic, u should of seen how the black females would get (sorry im not trying to be racist just saying it like it was) i thought it was so dumb of them the things that they would say or the way that they would gang up on these white or hispanic girls, for pple who have been through racist themselves, sure do like being racist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• As much as I hate to say it, but have you thought about the possibility of how people are brought up? People learn by example. Children follow what their parents were taught and probably don't know any different. I know it is partly racism, I agree to that. But if you think about it a minute, how did your parents react to this when you were a child?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:14 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I'm paper white.

When I was growing up, I was not allowed to date outside of my race, at all. When I turned nineteen, for my birthday I got a little sister. She's half black. Ironic, no? it's just prejudice. That's what it is, call it what it is, and it's not ok.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:25 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• With the attitude of 'we raised them, now you are stealing them' no wonder they don't want you! Do you have a CLUE what year it is now?

Seriously, it's not about that. At all. Especially when they are in school. When they are young it's about who makes them feel good about themselves, who makes them laugh. When they are older, believe it or not, but men do make up their own minds as to who they date. They aren't stuffed animals that get stolen.

Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I know what you mean. My cousin wad tormented for a long time because her BF was black. they were together 10 years. I think they recently split but I don't really talk to her much anymore.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• HAHAHA....I have a very good friend who also is African American she says the SAME thing!! SHE will date white men and THATS ok in her book but it is NOT ok for black men to date a whiter woman! And she has NO problem telling people that! LOL...I have always found that funny/crazy
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:09 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• That should just be **white...lol...not whiter!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2010