More ways to spend less on a wedding

i have a year before my wedding and we were wondering if there was any different ways to save money our wedding is a very relaxed casual wedding, my bf is cooking the food, we are having a buffet style dinner with desert bar and One thing is drinks, we want to have a dry receptions cause we have a child and know pople with a child but woud it be okay to have a dry and wet receptions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I am trying to get my fam to help w/the food, now on my linens herer in Texas some flea markets have nice linens for rent real cheap, i have found some silk linens for like $20 a table including chairs, i have also been looking up online ideas on centerpieces and going to walmart & finding glass vases for cheap, also im doing diy invites.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I made the invitations myself for my wedding, they turned out beautifully and only cost about $50, even with stamps and everything! You could ask that everyone bring a bottle of wine or have it BYOB, etc. Some people might think it's tacky but it's your wedding, do it how you want it!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:01 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I made the invitations and favors, my mom and aunt made my cake, my family cooked, and my grandpa married us and the wedding was at my aunts house.
    LaMamiDeJase

Answer by LaMamiDeJase at 12:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I made my own invitations, programs and thank you cards. I got a white grad dress instead of a wedding dress (which was cheaper and not as heavy/hot as a wedding dress), We bought the booze and sold two dollar tickets for a drink and it paid for itself and the bartenders. We had a side of beef butchered for the dinner and I got big slab cakes from cosco instead of having a wedding cake. I got decorations all year round when I saw something on sale. I got three babysitters for a room in the hall for people to use if they wish and left a tip jar which ended up paying the three ladies $240 each! Ummmm.... I can't think of a lot else but I hope those help you.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 12:15 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Have a friend who is really good with a camera take the pictures. Ask him/her to look at wedding websites to get ideas for lovely poses
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Perhaps the best thing to do for the dry wedding would be to only offer drinks with dinner such as wine and champagne. (You can buy the cheaper brands and not feel as guilty).

And then offer soda and juices for the rest of the party (again you can get two liters cheap).

As for decor, check out orientaltrading.com they have GREAT deals on decorations, and other things for the wedding.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Have friends and family help w food, ddecorations., flowers
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 11:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2010