Brother wants custody of his daughter, mother takes her away for weeks on end :(

My brother had a baby with a girl he's no longer seeing. She takes their daughter to another town for weeks on end with no warning and no return date. My brother hasn't seen his daughter in three weeks.

What does he need to do to get partial custody established with the state? She took him to court for child support but they never figured out a custody arrangement. Does he need a lawyer?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 12:03 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I usually wouldnt advertise this, b/c I went through a huge custody battle in court with my ex, who by the way hasnt taken the kids overnight in 3 weeks,,lol. So much fighting in court and that is the outcome...anyway, there are lots of good web sites aimed at fathers rights, tell you brother to check them out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• he should get a lawyer!! and they should've set custody the day the child support was issued.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:03 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I guess each state is diff, but yea i suggest he get a lawyer,gl to him.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Get a lawyer, at least here in Fl the dad has no right over the child if he wasn't married until he fight for the rights. GL!
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 11:03 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• He needs a lawyer.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 9:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2010