there is a rat/mouse in my moms house. I honestly don't know the difference between a mouse and a rat but the point is that we believe it has been there for a couple of days. today they set up some traps and just a few minutes ago my sister called freaked out because she saw it. it still hasn't been caught by the trap and went under the couch. does anyone know how to get rid of them FOR GOOD?

my mom found poop and pee and some blood! blood! I still don't understand why there was blood. so gross!

hellokittyemma

Asked by hellokittyemma at 12:11 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Pets

• RAT IS A HUGE NASTY BEAST THAT LOOKS MORE LIKE A SMALL DOG...MOUSE ARE LITTLE RATS...LOL
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:12 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Sticky traps with a little peanut butter on it. You 'll have it by morning if you put it out tonight. You can get them at Walmart, Lowes, or any hardware store.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:13 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My mil has mice... she lives near a corn field and every fall they find their way into her house. Any how... she uses the sticky traps too... they are like fly strips for mice that you put on the floor... she says that they were too smart for the regular mouse traps but with the sticky traps she gets them every time
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 12:16 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• mice look like hamsters w/long tails also they are smaller but i think that they do grow big ,rats look like well a whole lot bigger w/nast long tails now rats do get huge, we had two,ughhh its giving me the chills, we caught one w/the glue traps & the manager at the apartment put those traps that snap. they also sprayed something one was caught w/the snap traps. i havent seen anymore of them, but i did clean everything, they like to hide behind the washer n dryers, also i cleaned up my closets, i had so much clothes in their they like to hide in spots like the dirty clothes where u at& i also stopped leaving food out, i think we got some because 4 of our neighboors moved out ,the apartments were empty for a while i guess they wanted to be where ppl lived.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Open the front door, he will eventually run out. He is more afraid of you, lol Does that help???
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:37 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Take a very ripe banana and put rat poison it in and place the banana in your attic. Done. It will do the trick.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:25 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• bait the traps with peanut butter. They actually like that more then cheese. :) After it's gone, look around your house for ways it could have gotten in.. broken basement window, cracks in the attic and such. Plug up the holes. Good luck!
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 5:40 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We used chicken grease when we had a rat in the kitchen. It got stuck on the glue trap and I was so brave that I went running into the bedroom while my husband "finished him off". He was nice enough to take a picture and that thing ws huge. Oh well, when that thing got in our apartment, we all got some sort of sickness. I am so glad I do not live in that place anymore. Ugh...

Yes, this is coming from someone who has a small colony of guinea pigs. There's a huge difference.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:37 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The difference between a rat and a mouse is size... mice are little tiny critters, rats are much bigger. If it would fit in the palm of your hand, it's a mouse.
    We had mice terribly a few years back... we used to live near open fields and the fields were all dug up to build a new housing development... all the field mice had to go somewhere and so they ended up moving into our neighbourhood and the whole street had mice! I actually really like rodents but we obviously couldn't have them breeding in our walls... I felt very bad, but we put out snap traps with peanut butter on them, and when that wasn't enough to wipe them out we put poison in our drop ceilings, behind our stove, behind our washing machine, under our sink, and in other 'mouse friendly' areas. That did the trick- we have not had mice since we put the poison out and I top it up every fall in case more come in.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Rats are bigger. Buy the poison. They look like rabbit pellets but if you have pets make sure you put it where they can't get to it.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 10:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010