My fiance likes to know where im at or where im going during the day which is fine with me but when he goes out with the guys and they are supposed to just be out for a little while they always end up out for hours why doesnt he have the same respect for me as i do for him? and how can i discuss this with him with out making him upset?

twilight88

Asked by twilight88 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well personally I have the same deal but I think it should be equal. If u do than he should. But be careful he may use that excuse that everything doesnt need to be equal or that hes a guy and blah blah blah. If you did nothing to lose his trust than he should respect you and do the same.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 12:22 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• tell him exactly what you just said here- get it out now before you get married. If you can't set boundaries now, it wont happen later.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 12:22 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Your just going to have to talk about it.. there really isn't any easy way but it needs to be done.

GL!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 1:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I'd sit him down and say something like "Hon you know I don't mind that you go out with your friends, I am glad that you get together and have fun. What bothers me is you don't call me to 'touch base' or tell me you will be late. If I am expected to 'touch base' with you each time I go out, then you should be expected to 'touch base' with me when you go out. If you won't show me the same consideration I show you, then I will start acting like you-- and NOT check in! How would you like it if I went out for a day and did not tell you where I was or what time I would be home? It is NOT a good feeling."
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• "What's good for the goose..." Mutual respect.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 9:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2010