Water breaking while taking a poop? TMI adult content

My friend and I are both pregnant I am 30 weeks on Saturday and she is going to be 20 weeks on Monday...anywho...we were talking about pooping and rather or not it's possible to be pushing so hard your water breaks...Yes I know we are lame & gross but now we are both extremely curious.

I am marking anonymous because honestly I am embarrassed by my curiousity. Sorry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would have to say it's POSSIBLE, but rare. In most cases if this were to happen you would have to be on the brink of water breakage anyways...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:17 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• LMAO. The things people come up with
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 12:18 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Im sure that is possible. My water broke at home and I was still in denial that it was my actual water that had broke. I thought I was finally loosing control of my poor bladder that baby had been sitting on for so long. So yeah, if you are having an extremely difficult stool passing, that can cause it too
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:19 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• IT COULD HAPPEN I GUESS MY WATER NEVER BROKE AT ALL...OMG BEING PREGNANT IS SCARY LOL
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:19 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Lol. That's funny. I think up stupid and gross stuff too so no need to be embarrased. I agree with the 1st poster, I think it would have to already be on the brink of happeneing.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 12:20 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• you would have to already be in the process of going into labor- all the straining in the world isn't going to make it break unless it's just "that time"- but what a coincidence it would be
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 12:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I don't think I would even attempt to be pushing that hard might also cause a hemorrhoid or something  >.<

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I'm guessing it could be possible. lol! But you would have to be really close to it breaking before it happened. Think of it as a balloon that is getting stretched constantly. Finally it'll hit it's breaking point and "pop," so I'm thinking any extra pressure on it during that very weak stage may cause it to "pop."

lol! Good question though! I've been pregnant 4 times and I never once thought about it and I'm totally the kind that thinks of weird stuff like that. :)
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 1:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It can happen, but pushing too hard can cause hemorrhoid which is very very uncomfortable during your 3rd trimester.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:41 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I agree that it would already have to be ready to pop anyway. With me, mine didn't break until I was fully dilated and ready to push. It's pretty rare for your water to break before you are in labor, and from what I understand you don't usually have bowel movements at that point, unless some comes out while pushing (it happens to a lot of women).
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010