Celebrities Adopting Third World Kids

What do you think of it and how do you feel?

I personally am greatful for those who adopt from other countries. Because if my grand parents hadn't adopted my mom I wouldn't be here. But I just think most celebrities do it for publicity and I think it's kinda ridiculous! It reminds me alot of that 'Mommie Dearest' movie.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 1:39 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Entertainment

• If they didn't want to be parents they wouldn't. I thought this once too and I don't anymore. I think they get the bigger picture. And, they don't want to be pregnant! LOL, but I think it's good...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think it's great! And the fact that their being adopted by celebrities brings attention to how horrible things are in some countries. I do think that Angelina Jolie is completely out of control though. I don't see how she can have 6 kids and plan on adopting more. I think if you plan on adopting or having children you should also plan on raising them, rather than turning most of their care over to a nanny.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think it is great that people are adopting from third world countries, but I think that people sometimes forget about all of the children that need to be adopted in this country also. My SO was in group homes and foster care here his entire life and although he doesn't like to talk about it, what he has told me is horrible how he and the other kids got treated. We have one daughter of our own and we have decided that if we have another child we want to adopt.
    JessicaF1120

Answer by JessicaF1120 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think it is great that they do this but I also think that some do do it for publicity and what about the children here that need homes my hubby and his sister are both adopted and if I could afford to I would adopt tons of children there are so many kinds in the U.S. that need homes what is wrong with adopting children in the U.S. I use to work in the system taking care of foster children in breaks my heart to see these children that need homes so bad. I am not saying that they shouldn't adopt children from other countries but I am saying that they should adopt from the states as well we have children that need homes just as well.
    angelflower26

Answer by angelflower26 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think it's great! However, I always roll my eyes at Angelina Jolie, and I kind of want to kick her in the throat. She adopts/has more children before the dust has even settled from the last adoption/birth, and moves the kids from country to country. It's not a very stable environment. Furthermore, unless she plans to give up her movie career, I think she should be done with children. I'm not saying she needs to become a stay at home mom, but movie shoots go on for months at a time. So WHO exactly is raising her children?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Exactly! I agree with angel(HI!!!) and Jessica. I really wish they wouldn't just focus on the children across the ocean but right here in our own country.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Most of them? There aren't that many that do it, give me a break. Assuming they are doing it for publicity is really negative and rude. Maybe they just have bigger hearts than some people do, and they can afford to do it. NO ONE should be critisizing them just because they are doing something nicer then what you would do.
    Anonymous

• I think most of their reasons are good. They want to take a child who would otherwise not have much of a future into a loving and financially stable home. On the other hand, i know many families who have been trying to adopt for years and years... outside of the country. and have yet to get one child. While celebrities can get three or four in just two years.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think adoption either way is Nice, But I really think people everywhere are forgetting the children right here in our country. I have many Opinions on this. But I do feel Angelina needs to slow down on the kids!! Take some time off from Movies!! And Enjoy her Children!!! But that is my opinion
    mattzachattack

Answer by mattzachattack at 8:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2008