Ever have to repeat yourself 100's of x's to your kid?

Do we really need to yell after being nice does not work?

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 12:28 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• omg yes i could be standing 2ft from my 2yr old and he's about to grab something hes not suppose to like yesterday he was playign with the tv turning it off and on, i said no do not play with it because its going to break, he still did it i must of said no 1000x's and walkingt towards him he does like 2 mores times drops remote and runs off laughing. the joys of parenthood lol
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have a toddler, so I am CONSTANTLY repeating myself!! With him, yelling does not work. However I have a 10 year old who has a terrible little habit of not listening to mom. Sometimes I will yell at him and I hate when I do, but I get so frustrated!! I have a 7 year old girl who "pretends" to not hear me, but the minute I say "food" or "movie" she is all about hearing! I prefer to get their attention a different way - I take away something important like his video games or computer privileges. It works for a while and hopefully they will remember it the next time they choose to disobey.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I swear, sometimes it seems that's all they hear.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 9:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2010