Proactiv acne product, does it work?

I have a 16 yr old son who is starting to get bad acne. He showers daily, some days twice. I have tried the over the counter pads and cremes, but I think he needs something stronger, does that brand work for teens? Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• It worked for me in high school when my acne was really bad but I think, like most things, it works differently for different people.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 12:39 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• clean and clear prducts for acne
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 12:45 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yeah it worked for me
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:47 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I preferred Nature's Cure. But I have a friend that swore by this stuff... So trying it can't hurt... If not, I would say try a few different things and see what works or take him to a dermatologist and see what they say... Natures Cure worked best for me because my acne was mostly hormonal rather than from dirt or oil...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Proactiv is very good. I used it. It started clearing up my acne on day 2. I have always had bad acne. It even worked for my body acne. Get the trial pack for him to try it then if he likes it buy it. But it worked great for me.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I tried it and didn't like it. It really dried me out. However, to be fair, I may not have given it enough time to work.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 1:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It also worked for my son, it is expensive but worth it.

Answer by older at 8:31 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• No. DS had awful acne and it did nothing, nor did anything his dermatologist prescribed (both topically and orally). We eliminated dairy from his diet, upped his zinc levels, and his skin cleared up beautifully.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:32 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My daughter used it. It seemed to help a little bit but it dried her out way too much. She used it for about 2 or 3 months so her skin had time to adjust to it. However, her skin is really sensitive. May I recommend Cetaphil or Clean and Clear instead?
    russianitk

Answer by russianitk at 9:52 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Proactiv (and the like clones that are way cheaper at Target and WalMart) work for some - where the acne is caused by the skin not getting clean enough at night. It will not work where the acne is caused by hormones, only a dermatologist can clear that type of acne up.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:29 AM on Sep. 25, 2010