How to bring it up without raising the tension?

My husband was supposed to be home from work for lunch. I made him lunch and he never showed. It wouldn't bother me so much except he didn't call or anything to let me know that he wouldn't be home. Is one call or a text too much to ask for? I want to talk to him about it but I don't want to piss him off either... any ideas?

justduckie_mom

Asked by justduckie_mom at 12:44 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• why would it piss him off if you asked why he didn't follow through on something that you planned together?? plus you went out of your way to rearrange your schedule to make him lunch and wait on him - that is very inconsiderate of him to not acknowledge a change in plans. IMO he should be worrying about you being pissed not the other way around. that said, best thing you can do is tell him how you felt about the situation without going on the attack - he will get the message and it will allow him to respond in honesty rather than defensiveness.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• For dinner give him his lunch! Ask why he didn't eat it HOURS ago
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Perhaps he got caught up with something at work. Wrap it up and eat it for lunch tomorrow. Cook your man a nice dinner tonight. He works hard for the money! :-)
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• WHATEVER YOU HIS WIFE YOU GOT THE POWER TO ASK WHATEVER YOUR LITTLE HEART WANTS AND HE NEEDS TO ANSWER IF NOT NO SEX...LOL PUNISH HIM MEN ARE BIG KIDS YOU NEED TO TREAT THEM AS CHILDREN AT TIMES...TAKE WHAT THEY LIKE AWAY...SHIT IN A WAY ITS A PUNISHMENT ON US TOO...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• That's not something to call him at work for. I know it's bugging you, but a man at work needs to focus on work. I agree with NicolesMommy. Hand him his lunch plate for his dinner, and walk out of the room.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:53 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Just calmly sit him down and tell him that it makes you feel like he doesn't love you or appreciate you when he fails to show up or even call after you've spend time making a special meal for him and give him time to respond. Just opening up the lines for communication without starting a battle can do wonders.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 1:00 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• well the call would have been made ON his lunch break, or the text. I go through this with my DH too, all the time. Finally I calmly told him how it made me feel. Not that your pissed he didnt call or text you, but just explain to him how it made you feel. For me, If I were expecting him home as usual, I would tell him you was worried, scared something happened and that a call when he wont be there would be appreciated so you dont have to wonder if you should call hospitals or something. Just let him know your stress went up, and just a call or text when he cant make it would be nice, I see no reason that would cause any issues. I did it with my DH, and he actually appreciated the fact that I had been concerned and made sure to let me know after that. If its a good relationship you have he should respect your wishes. Just dont make it sound like you need to check up on him or dont trust him, just a consern issue.
    MeGirl04049

Answer by MeGirl04049 at 1:00 AM on Sep. 25, 2010