how long after the depo shot did u start?

i was on the pill for a month then started getting the depo shot, only got it 2 times. ive been off all birth control for maybe 3 months now,but still no period. did this happen to you. how long did it take to get your period back?

xxmissrainbow

Asked by xxmissrainbow at 1:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Health

• i had been on it for almost 2 full years when i went off it in june...i was due to do it again on june 15ish and decided that since i heard it take a while to get back to normal i wouldnt do it again cause we plan to ttc soon. just two weeks ago i finally got what seemed like a very light period. So i hope i can call it one lol...it was much lighter than i remember my periods being..(its been about 3 years since i had one). So from june to now it took me to get it.
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 9:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• well I was on depo from 09/04 to 02/08 and i have had maybe 2 periods, but they weren't what i would call a normal, cause it lasted like one day. I have yet to get a regular period. which suck cause we are TTC. and not having a regular period makes it very hard to tell when i am Ovulating. Sorry i cant be of more help. but if you find out. let me know cause i have been wondering that same thing

Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 2:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i got off the depo in august, i'm still waiting, i normally bleed the day i miss it, but not this time.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 4:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• LOL! I was on the depo and had nothing BUT bleeding....I would never recommend anyone to get that evil thing.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My bestfriend has been on depo for a long time and when she started it her period stopped. Shes had one but that was because she went off it for a little bit. But shes never gotten her period other then that
    Steph1499

Answer by Steph1499 at 8:58 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I was on it for close to 3 yrs and it took me 7 months to get my first one and when I did start OH MY GOD I thought I was dying! Had to call Dr to get something for the pain and I was soaking 2 pads an hour. Layed in bed cramping like no tomorrow for 2 days. After about the third day things evened out and my periods are normal now. Was very rough.
    luckyiamx3

Answer by luckyiamx3 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I have been off Depo about a year and have had light spotting for a couple months but not even close towhat I would call a period.
    janjill

Answer by janjill at 9:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I was on it for 2 years and never had a period. It started back up about 4 months after my last shot.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 9:19 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I was on it for 16 months and never got a period during. After my last shot, it was about 2 months before I got a period. It took me 9 months to conceive and we had never had any problems before.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• A NORMAL period probably 9 months after I stopped. But My period never stopped when I was on it. I had a period 24/7/365 on that stupid shot.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 9:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2008