I sprained my knee how can I heal faster???

I sprained my knee at work have a knee brace and cruches and i HATE it i have to be down most of the time anyone had this injury if so how long did it take to recover? what did you do to keep entertained? did you take any supplements that helped heal it? How long before you could do activities again?

Proverbs3127

Asked by Proverbs3127 at 12:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Health

• Ohhh yeah and DONT HEAT IT!!!! that will make it take MUCH longer to heal by increasing the inflammation, among other things!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:09 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Rest, Ice, Compression and some exercises like Quad sets and straight leg rises can help. Your Doc should have given you these or referred you to PT!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i have seen a doc it's all workers comp, he told me to stay down and keep activity to a minimal which is damn near impossible for me i tell my husband i wasn't born that way and i don't know how to just relax when i could be doing a million other things
    Proverbs3127

Comment by Proverbs3127 (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i do have PT but it's workers comp they work really slow it'll take over a week to get approved for it
    Proverbs3127

Comment by Proverbs3127 (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We always use an Epson salt and water bath to soak a sprained joint.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• go to the doctor even thou it might cost you an eye off your face...better his fee then mines...lol GO GET IT LOOKED AT IF YOU HERE YOU HAVE KIDS AND HOPPING AROUND IS NO WAY TO GET BETTER OR RUN AFTER KIDS...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Just try to ice it and warm it . Place frozen peas in the bag, and alternate with warm compresses. I make these by soaking a towel into hot water and then cover it with a ziploc ( or just plastic grocery handle bag ) then another thin towel over that.

But keep one cold, and one warm, going on and off with both every 10 or so minutes.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:06 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• ( microwave a wet towel ) 3 mins. very simple
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2010