My friend she had a baby three months ago ?

ok my friend well call her shelly . Shelly had her baby 3 months ago and she dose not feed the baby or change it and she toshes the baby of to the neariest person . I no i should call child services but this is the thing i did and they said i have not proof and then i proceed to tell them to go there on the weekend and see that the child is in some strangers care . there not going to anything . What should i do about it .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is she depressed?
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The mother no she dose not care she had a child before and lost it and this one she just dont care . My other friend takes care of it .
    dragonchick19

Answer by dragonchick19 at 1:11 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• is the dad around?
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:16 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• That is a tough call! I would investigate more. You can call DSS and not have to give your name
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:17 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• she has not clue who the dad is
    dragonchick19

Answer by dragonchick19 at 1:20 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i'v known girls who resent their child because the dad is not around and their lives didnt end up the way they want. she may need some therapy.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:29 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Same answer as other posters :is she depressed?
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:23 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• She might need help for depression. If the child is being cared for by a competent adult (even if this adult changes daily), there may not be anything Child Services can do about it since technically, the child is not being neglected or abused.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:03 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Has she thought about adoption? She doesn't have to keep her if she doesn't want to care for her. There are many couples who would do anything to love that baby.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2010