Do you think deodorant could increase breast cancer?

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 1:15 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Health

• It is the aluminum in antiperspirants that cause breast cancer. The aluminum plugs the sweat glands. Sweating is the body's natural way of detoxing.  To help avoid breast cancer (occurs in men too), use a aluminum free deoderant. You will sweat, but you won't stink.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I think "they" say it's the antiperspirant, not deodorant itself. Not sure of the research though.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:29 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I think any time you interfere with a natural bodily process (especially something as important as eliminating waste, which is what sweat is) you run the risk of creating other problems, including cancer.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:29 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I believe it is the metal levels in total that can cause cancer. My aunt claims that the zinc in deodorant can cause cancer. She and her husband use vodka for deodorant. I don't quite understand the vodka use and therefore have never tried it.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010