Are you into any "odd" music?

Is there any type of music that you're into that have earned stares as you blast it? Or gotten a "huh" when you tell someone about it? For example, I am hardcore into Japanese pop or J-pop. I have been into it for more than 10 years now and could care less when people stare at me when my car windows are down and I'm blasting it. Odd yes, but needed to be given a try before insulting.

Anna-Chubaby

Asked by Anna-Chubaby at 1:25 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Entertainment

• For some reason people make faces at me and comments too when they find out that I listen to classical music... I bet they would laugh even more if they knew that when I was younger I would listen to it and I would pretend I was the conductor lmao
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 1:37 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Not anything odd or too different, but my dh thinks so. I like the group Muse. I just recently found their new album and can't stop listening to it :) Just because it is different than MY norm, dh thinks I am crazy and won't listen to it. In fact, he took it out of my cd changer in my car to put one of HIS stupid ones in, and now I can't find it!!! Good thing it's on my ipod!! lol
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:37 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I appreciate any music I deem good, justduckie. I love good soundtrack too so classical is awesome too :)
    Anna-Chubaby

Comment by Anna-Chubaby (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Bagpipes. Love em. Used to get weird stares from coworkers when I was a dispatcher and would work out to a CD I'd made with some new age rockin bagpipe music. Fuck em...I'm half Scottish!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:42 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• LOL @ Allergic2stupid! You GO girl!! I LOVE the sound of bagpipes too....( Im scottish as well!! )

I actually like Rammsteins SEHNSHUCT CD, its in German, all but one song they made popular here in the '90's....called Du Hast. ( You HATE ) love that song!!! I also like a Finnish Rock band's few songs......KORPIKLAANI....and their song Keep On Galloping........they almost sound / look like pirates! Arrrrrgh!

Oh..... Im 48 years old! LOL
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 2:06 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yeah lol. It's not stuff that I think is odd, but people in my generation think I'm nuts for liking it. I like Inkubus Sukubus, Emerald Rose, The Cure, Type O Negative, The Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack, Repo! The Genetic Opera Soundtrack, Angelspit, that song Too Bad You're Crazy from the end of the original April Fool's Day, etc. It's not really strange music to me, but I get weird looks all the time.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• LOL...I listen to all this stuff...and then some.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yeah- when i'm listening to Goth music -like Bauhaus or indstrial type stuff like the Retrosic...and sometimes when I blast Korn too ; )
    I dance in the car too- and sing along...actually that might be why people look at me wierd! hahaha
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• well most ppl know me to love metal..so when they hear me blastin Reba, i get funny looks!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• When I was in training my FTO was a little Latino dude who liked to ride low in the cruiser and listen to his radio station kind of loud when we weren't busy.... We'd bob our heads in unison to "Lowrider" by War and get some VERY strange stares from the passing public. Hey....we gotta have fun too you know....It helps for the times that we have horrible calls and horrible days and see horrible things.

I'll never forget some of those faces...LMFAO
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:37 AM on Sep. 26, 2010