Would you marry for love and affection or money and security?

Long story short my cousin is married and before she married her husband she was the nicest person ever! We were actually bffs! Then she gets married to her husband his family is wealthy which makes him wealthy and I swear it is like we are living opposite lives. She gets fancy things I get average things, She had 2 kids she didnt even plan with her husband and I had 2 kids we did plan! So what would you do?

mommaofemma

Asked by mommaofemma at 1:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Love, love, love...marry for love, love your newly rich cousin, love it all!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would marry for love if I ever decided to get married
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:25 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• How about marry for both and get the best of both worlds lol.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:27 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would marry for love.... if they have money its a plus but I would rather know thats the person I want to grow old with and have a family with.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would marry for love only. When i found my hubby i new he was the one and only for me.

Love this cousin of yours and don't compare just love her and except her new way of life.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:49 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• love and affection.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I married for love. I'm going to be with this man a long time, and I can always improve myself and my job, but I can't improve how much I like or love him. Money is a nice secondary -- but it doesn't make me happy like being in love with someone. I just went through a year and half of unemployment with my husband. Because of our love and good relationship, that time went by fairly smoothly. It got really tight money-wise at the end and I'm behind on several bills about 6 months. BUT -- it wasn't a horrible argument nasty relationship time in our life BECAUSE of our love.
    Chandra C.

Answer by Chandra C. at 6:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Straight up love. We have had times where we had NO income, and never once did I EVER think about leaving him. It was all about the love!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:54 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Love and affection, hands down. When you have a good marriage, it's amazing what you can accomplish together.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:20 AM on Sep. 25, 2010